Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pretty in Pink

This is one of those finds that I wasn't expecting to find. After a severely disappointing trip to the flea market, we stopped at a thrift store to look around for a bit, and I found almost exactly the quilt I wanted for the pink room. I wanted a patchwork rag quilt, but I will settle for just patchwork. It is almost perfect. I also got the pink pillow case and the ivory lace pillow. The headboard is a piece of iron fencing that we got on our little summer getaway trip. It is hard to see with the lighting, but the curtain in the window is actually my wedding veil. On the wall to the left is Jesse's baby quilt. The pink and ivory water can on the floor beside the bed was the water can that my mother-in-law and her brothers used when they were picking cotton as kids.

I'm also posting a picture of the pink chair that we got at an indoor flea market a few months ago.... I still need to paint the wooden part with some off-white to age it, but it is a nice color upholstery.

No comments:

You repair things with tools. You FIX things with a hammer.